2022 China Investors Intention Survey
2022 年 02 月 24 日
- CBRE’s 2022 China Investor Intentions Survey was conducted between November 24, 2021, and December 23, 2021. The survey polled China-based investors and overseas investors targetting the China market on their investment intentions; preferred asset class and strategy; most popular investment destination; and attitude towards alternative assets and ESG.
- Purchasing intentions reached a new high in this year’s survey, with 59% of respondents saying they intend to buy more in 2022.. With the proportion of respondents who said they plan to sell more real estate this year increasing by 10pp to 51%, asset availability is expected to be high.
- Industrial and logistics retained its status as the most popular asset class for a third consecutive year. Among investment strategies, core-plus and value-add strategies were most preferred. Beijing and Shanghai ranked as the top two markets for investment and also rose up the rankings of cross-border investment destinations in Asia Pacific, placing second and fifth. respectively. Investors retain a keen interest in data centres, while the number of respondents stating a preference for cold storage and healthcare assets rose significantly.
- Adoption of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) in real estate investing continues to grow, with more than half of respondents considering ESG factors when making investment decisions.
- With this year’s survey detecting a stronger willingness to both purchase and sell over the coming year, annual transaction volume is expected to rise by 10%-15% y-o-y in 2022, exceeding RMB 300 billion for the first time.